19 Nov 2011

Coopers Austrailian Lager

While I do not claim to be a beer expert, this is just my experience and how it all made me feel.  Right or wrong, I enjoyed writing it.

This was my first attempt at homebrewing after months of research, should I, shouldn't I, and hours of "craigtube" - he's a real help.

The kit came with everything i needed, clear instructions and they were easy to follow.

Everything went well, left it for 7 days, then put it into 2nd FV which had my bottling wand - great gadget, saved time and no mess. Left in the bottles for 2 weeks, tasted great, refreshing, full of flavour.

I used the carbonation drops that came with the kit, and again they saved time and no mess. ( can you tell i don't like to clean up mess, ha!)

I gave loads out to family and friends because they'd all encouraged me to get into it, and obviously wanted some free beer. I glugged about 20 bottles myself, in about 2 weeks 99% were gone, and towards the end of the 2nd week (4th week in the bottle) they were tasting nicer and nicer.

I left 4 bottles for a further 4 weeks and then opened them and the taste blew the first bottle opened out of the water. I'd recommend leaving it in the bottle at least 4 weeks before opening.

This is a light, skippy, dancing beer that actually has a great taste, nothing like the commercial lagers, much better.

go for it, especially during the summer.

(bought from http://www.brewuk.com/  )

No comments:

Post a Comment