A trip to The Supermarket, or for the Americans amongst you, The Store, provided the obligatory wander down the beer section.

Crates on one side, and a surprisingly wide ranging selection of ales, bitters, ciders and lagers on the other.I was after something I'd not tried before and straggling on the bottom shelf was a funky looking bottle which screamed PUNK at me.
To my surprise, I saw it was a BrewDog beer. I'd only recently become familiar with the company BrewDog through my exploits on Twitter so thought it would be good to put a taste to the name. Sold.
There were a couple of bottles down there two by BrewDog, "Hardcore" and "5A.M Saint".
Looking at the "Hardcore" bottle, it had a whopping 9.8% ABV whacked on the side of it, which scared me. Small steps, lets not get carried away!
Taken from their website.
"At BrewDog we are on a mission – a mission to create some of the most extraordinary, non-conformist, craft beers known to man, or dog.
Our beers strive to be everything mass produced, mainstream beers aren't which means every BrewDog beer is 100% free of the preservatives, additives and harmful chemicals.
We've decided to replace these unnecessary nasties with ingredients like passion, determination and a touch of the obscure; and that’s all on top of brewing our beers in small, hand-crafted batches from our brewery in rugged north east Scotland.
BrewDog’s beers are the epitome of pure punk. We brew uncompromising, bold and irreverent beer, beer with a soul and a purpose.
Our approach has the same contempt of the mass beer market that the old-school punks had for pop-culture. "
Quite a refreshing mission statement, I felt inspired. Not really to make me go out and take on the world, but to know that there is some real thought going into making new advances and breaking boundaries in our drinking habits. Beers can get boring, and I think the people at Brew Dog have recognised this.I'll definitely be drinking more BrewDog beers. Really tasty and was disappointed I only bought two.
Thanks for the new tastes and experiences. Much Recommended.

No comments:
Post a Comment