10 Nov 2011

I like a beer

So, I'm guessing you've arrived here because you share the same sentiment.

Of course you do.


I had'nt really delved too adventurously into different beers at all until about 3 years ago.  I just drank the usual Carling, Stella, Fosters, Bud.  You know, the big commercial gassy beers.


The Kinmel Arms St George

Boxing Day saw the start of an annual trip to the country style pub nearby.  The 3 legged hay bale race and several pints with family has its obvious attractions.  My usual in there was a pint of Peroni, which was not a pint found in most places in the area, and since the World Cup in Germany its always reminded me of a great summer of football, sun and beer.

But not this year.  Four pumps lined the front of the cold marble bar, and a trip from one end to the other and back again was a challenge set by my Father in Law, affectionately known as FIL.  (Mother in Law is MIL).

So there's me, MIL and FIL, and the Wife (designated driver).

I wont bore you with each pint, but they were local ales and bitters which surprised me with how tasty and easy to drink they were.

Boxing Day was a game changer.  I completely went off Peroni and the like, and 9 times out of 10 I will now always have a taste of what the pumps with no name have in store.

That's a brief story of my life in beer, fairly short but nice to account for.

No comments:

Post a Comment